Thursday 9 October 2008

Pain

Why is pain so rubbish? I mean, I've been in pain in my shoulder for what feels like a millenium and it just doesn't seem to get any better, but the worst part is that, I know it hurts and that's it, you have to take my word for it and then it looks like I'm moaning all the bloody time, there is nothing visual for you to see and say, "Ooh that looks painful" and I can say, "yeah, well it hurts worse than it looks" NOTHING!
I've read about some people who are born and don't have pain receptors so they can cut their face off (to spite their nose?) and not feel a thing, I think this would be a brilliant thing to have, I realise the ramifications of it but fuck them! just be more careful, but then why should you be more careful? it's not as if not being careful is gonna hurt you! NO! I want to be pain free forever, I think it'd be cool, and I would try and make sure I'm not careless and get my arm ripped off one day and not realise that it was gone until I got to the pub (but I can't guarantee it).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that leprosy? when your pain receptors don't work?

maybe not

Woggzeh said...

I don't know, I'm not an Ornithologist, I don't know the name of these things, isn't leprosy when your cock looks like a flakey pastry sausage roll?